Australia's premier weekend run by knifemakers for knifemakers!
The Australian Blade Symposium brings together the very best of knife making in Australia. If you have an interest in edged tools and how they are made, then this is the premier event for you. From the beginner to the advanced, the Symposium will have something for everyone. Learn from some of Australia’s very best knife makers and bladesmiths as they share their secrets to manufacturing the perfect knife. See blades get forged and ground and learn the intricacies of the heat treatment. Learn to fit handles and new methods to finish your blades from some of Australia’s best.
With some of Australia’s top demonstrators and an ABS Mastersmith, the event will be once again held at the historic Cuppacumbalong Homestead in Tharwa, ACT. Meet other knife makers and bladesmiths, share your experiences and get involved in the social dinners on Friday and Saturday nights. We will also be holding a mini knife show and market place on Saturday night for those wishing to show their knives and sell supplies to others in attendance.
2020's international instructor is...
The Australian Blade Symposium 2020's presenters include...
2020's Sessions include...
REGISTRATIONS ARE NOW OPEN FOR THIS YEARS SYMPOSIUM
$450 Blade Symposium Registration
- Included in the ticket price is the opportunity to attend 8 of the 90 minute sessions run over the weekend according to your specific interests as well as an additional presentation on Friday night from our international guest.
- All meals are included including the BBQ's and dinners on Friday and Saturday night.
- Prices include on-site camping.
- Premium onsite camping is available for an additional charge at the time of Registration.
- For those wishing to use alternate accommodation, the KAA recommends both the "Alpha Canberra" with rooms starting at $127 per night and "Abode Tuggeranong" with rooms starting at $152 per night.
- Both are in the close by Tuggeranong Centre less than 15 minutes away from the Symposium.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER NOW AND STAY INFORMED!